Shaved raw beet salad!
This is a rare recipe that combines the tops and bottoms of this delicious vegetable. No waste, what's not to love about that!
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 shallot or green onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- pinch of salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
for the salad:
- 2 Chioggia beets, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Cups thinly sliced beet greens, stems removed
- Crumbled feta cheese for serving
To make the dressing, combine the oil, onion, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Whisk in vinegar and honey until well blended, them add the pecans, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and keep warm. In a large serving bowl, toss beets and beet greens with the warm dressing. Serve with a sprinkle of feta on top.